Christmas can be a busy and stressful time of year for everyone - parties to attend, family to catch up with, work functions that go from lunchtime to midnight.
And, if you are one of the many Australia’s who doesn’t want a silly season of over indulgence, you can sometimes feel left out. Luckily, Edenvale has a few tips to keep you enjoying every moment. Five Tips for Surviving Christmas Festivities
- Eating better at Christmas If you want to maintain your health and not be left in a food coma at the end of every social gathering, a good tip is to eat before you go out. This way you don’t arrive starving at a function in search of every canape platter.
- Set goals Have some goals for what you want to achieve over the holiday season and make a plan to enjoy them. This could be your first break in a busy year, so think long walks on the beach, hitting the gym every day or simply slowing down and spending time with the kids.
- Dance the night away Put on those dancing shoes! Dancing for one hour burns approximately 1200kJ. Parties can be more than shovelling food and high kilojoule drinks into your mouth – make it an undercover aerobics session with your friends.
- Active catch-up Nobody said Christmas functions have to revolve around a buffet or a bar, so change your Christmas party to a day of tennis or even a game of lawn bowls.
- Pre-planning is the key You may just want a night off drinking, or maybe you’ve put your hand up to be the designated driver. Either way, planning what you are going to drink as an alternative to alcohol will make it much easier. Have your Edenvale chilled ready to go when you need it, or try a delicious mocktail recipe… our “Pomegranate Fizz” is the perfect festive drink for the summer holidays!
How to make it? Place a teaspoon of pomegranate seeds in the bottom of a champagne glass. Fill halfway with pomegranate juice and top up with cold Edenvale Sparkling Cuvee. Garnish with a sprig of mint. Happiness in a glass!