Cassie Slaney’s Fresh and Creamy Asparagus and Pea Carbonara
Are you looking for the ultimate fresh and creamy pasta? We’ve teamed up again with Nutritionist Cassie Slaney to bring you a Fresh and Creamy Asparagus and Pea Carbonara! Ready to serve in just 20 minutes, this recipe is full of flavour with every bite.
But before we dive into the recipe, here's a little tip from Cassie: Pair this delightful dish with Edenvale’s Pinot Gris for a match made in heaven!
- 400g of your choice of pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed and sliced diagonally
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 2-3 slices pancetta, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Edenvale Pinot Gris
- 4 egg yolks
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup parmesan, finely grated
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil a large pot of water and cook the pasta until al dente.
- In a large pan, cook the pancetta until crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to the pan and cook the asparagus and peas until tender yet vibrant. Once done, add the crispy pancetta back into the pan.
- Pour in the Edenvale Wines Pinot Gris to deglaze the pan. Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes, allowing the flavours to meld beautifully.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg yolks, lemon zest, parmesan, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Turn off the heat and add the cooked pasta to the pan. Quickly pour the egg mixture over the pasta and stir vigorously until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Add the reserved pasta water to achieve that silky smooth sauce. Stir once more to ensure everything is perfectly blended.
- Serve your Fresh and Creamy Asparagus and Pea Carbonara hot, with an extra sprinkle of parmesan on top (and a glass of Edenvale Pinot Gris on the side!)
Voila! You've just created a culinary masterpiece that's a delight for your taste buds and a nutritional powerhouse. Save and share this recipe with your loved ones, and don't forget to tag us when you recreate this dish.