Our guide to making delicious mocktails for all your New Year's Eve festivities is here using your favourite alcohol-free Edenvale wine!
Whether you're the designated driver, waiting on a little one to arrive, or exploring your zero-alcohol options, these two mocktails will surely hit the spot. So get mixing, and toast the new year with a delicious drink.
Mocktails are, of course just, simply cocktails without the alcohol content, and they can be every bit as delicious and pretty as a cocktail, and even sometimes the healthier choice!
Our experts at Edenvale have also shared their tips on how to make a delicious mocktail:
- 1. Gather your ingredients, think about what types of flavours you like and make sure you have everything you need before you start.
- 2. Pre-prepare your ingredients. If you are making a large batch of drinks, prepare all of the garnishes you might need and make sure that you have the right amount of liquids to ensure everyone can enjoy the delicious drinks.
- 3. Take your time when pouring and assembling the drinks. Putting the finishing touches on mocktails can be fiddly, so make sure you set aside enough time to ensure your mocktails look as good as they can.
Of course, the most important tip is to have fun with it! Mocktails are great celebratory drinks, so have fun making and serving them.
Delicious New Year’s Eve inspired recipes to try
Here are two of our favourite mocktail recipes to try out this festive/new year's season. Both were created in collaboration with our friend, Nat, from The Mindful Mocktail.
When made with Edenvale's alcohol-removed wines, these mocktails offer the complexities of a wine cocktail minus the alcohol.
Edenvale Sparkling Cosmopolitan:
- 30ml cranberry juice
- 15ml orange juice
- 15ml lime juice
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave or simple syrup
- 60ml Edenvale Blanc De Blanc
- Cranberries to garnish (optional)
- Add all ingredients except the wine to a shaker.
- Add some ice and shake for about 15 seconds.
- Strain into a martini glass, then gently add sparkling wine.
- Garnish with cranberries and serve.
Edenvale Cucumber Elderflower Spritz:
- 15ml cucumber juice
- 30ml elderflower cordial
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 90ml Edenvale Premium Reserve Semillon Sauvignon Blanc
- Cucumber ribbon and flowers to garnish (optional)
- Add cucumber juice, elderflower cordial, lemon juice and wine to a cocktail shaker.
- Gently shake a couple of times, just enough to mix the ingredients.
- Fill a tall glass with crushed ice, then gently pour the mixture in.
- Garnish with your choice of edible or cucumber flowers.
We also have a large collection of other great mocktail recipes, which you can view on our website. Be sure to tag us at @edenvalewines if you try out any of the recipes!
Happy New Year!