Our guide to hosting the ultimate summer gathering using Edenvale’s alcohol-removed wines.
When the weather begins to warm up, there is truly nothing better than gathering your friends and family and enjoying an afternoon in the sunshine.
Of-course hosting can be challenging, especially when you want to ensure all your guests are enjoying themselves in your company! It can be stressful and chaotic at times, but to give you some help, we have compiled our top tips for making sure your next summer gathering goes off without a hitch!
1. Prioritise Comfort
When preparing for a gathering, ensure you have a large enough space to accommodate all the guests so that they are comfortable and have room to mingle. Of course, this includes making sure your space has enough shade to protect your guests from the sun and that you are equipped with insect and bug repellent so that no one goes home itching and sunburnt!
2. Stick to easy recipes that you know
People are not looking for a fancy meal. They want something simple and universally enjoyed. To make sure you are as stress-free as possible, create a menu that is easy to make and can be prepared mostly ahead, leaving only last minutes touches when it’s time to serve.
3. Make it Fun
Try not to get caught up in the seriousness of hosting an event, because you are there to enjoy time with people who are important to you. This could include picking a theme and matching decor and menu to that theme – think Italian feast, Mexican night, summer fruit theme etc. By picking a theme, your guests will dress accordingly which can add to the fun and help break the ice, especially if you have guests who don't all know each other well.
4. Accommodate for everyone
When hosting an event, it can be difficult to please everyone. However it is very important that all of your guests feel catered for. Prior to the event reach out to your guests to finalise any dietary requirements they may have and take note of preferences. It is important that people feel accommodated. Be sure to note which guests are not drinking and ensure they also have delicious drinks to enjoy, including plenty of Edenvale alcohol-removed wines and some refreshing summer mocktails.
Here are two of our favourite mocktail recipes that are ideal for parties and celebrations during the summer months. Both were created by our friend Nat from The Mindful Mocktail.
Edenvale Sparkling Cosmopolitan:
Here’s a delicious twist on a Cosmopolitan featuring Edenvale’s Premium Reserve Blanc de Blanc. This classic mocktail is full of sweet flavours and is ideal for a daytime weekend party.
- 30ml cranberry juice15ml orange juice
- 15ml lime juice
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave or simple syrup
- 60ml Edenvale Blanc De Blanc
- Cranberries to garnish (optional)
- Add all ingredients except the wine to a shaker. Add some ice and shake for about 15 seconds.
- Strain into a martini glass, then gently add sparkling wine.
- Garnish with cranberries and serve.
Edenvale Cucumber Elderflower Spritz:
This one is a refreshing drop with flavours of elderflower and cucumber, paired with one of Edenvale’s popular wines: Premium Reserve Semillon Sauvignon Blanc.
- 15ml cucumber juice
- 30ml elderflower cordial
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 90ml Edenvale Premium Reserve Semillon Sauvignon Blanc
- Cucumber ribbon and flowers to garnish (optional)
- Add cucumber juice, elderflower cordial, lemon juice and wine to a cocktail shaker.
- Gently shake a couple of times, just enough to mix the ingredients.
- Fill a tall glass with crushed ice, then gently pour the mixture in.
- Garnish with your choice of edible or cucumber flowers.
You can order Edenvale alcohol-removed wines for your summer celebration directly via our online shop.